Property Manager is a configuration tool that you use with other Akamai products to start serving the traffic to your site or application through the Akamai Technologies, Inc. edge network. In Property Manager, you determine:
- An edge hostname. This is the Akamai Technologies, Inc. hostname that you assign to your domain so that the users' requests are resolved to the Akamai edge network. See Key concepts and terms for a detailed explanation how edge hostnames work.
- Traffic and security options. To help direct and protect your content.
- Business rules. These rules tell the edge network servers how to handle and distribute the content retrieved from your origin server.
The features and options that are available for you to configure in Property Manager depend on the product you purchased and additional modules. This online help might sometimes refer to the solutions you can't see in the Property Manager interface.
- Know your way around
- Get to know the request flow
- Prepare your edge certificates
- Prepare your origin server
- Create a brand new property
To launch Property Manager, in Akamai Control Center go to ☰ > CDN > Properties. You'll see configurations and property groups available for your account.
You can also start creating a new property right from the top navigation bar in Akamai Control Center. Just select Create > Property.
- Add an origin server to your property
- Use case-based Edge Mapping
- Use case: generate and implement UUIDs
- Property Manager API (PAPI)
- Akamai Terraform Provider: Property Provisioning Module
- Property Manager CLI
- IDE: Property Manager extension for Visual Studio Code
- IDE: Property Manager plugin for Eclipse
- Edge hostnames API (HAPI)
- CP codes API
Updated 18 days ago