Welcome to Property Manager
Property Manager is a configuration tool that you use with other Akamai Technologies, Inc. products to start serving the traffic to your site or application through the Akamai edge network. In Property Manager, you determine:
- An edge hostname. This is the Akamai-generated hostname that you assign to your domain so that the users' requests are resolved to the Akamai edge network. See Key concepts and terms for a detailed explanation of how edge hostnames work.
- Traffic and security options. To help direct and protect your content.
- Business rules. These rules tell the edge network servers how to handle and distribute the content retrieved from your origin server.
The features and options that are available for you to configure in Property Manager depend on the product you purchased and additional modules. This online help might sometimes refer to the solutions you can't see in the Property Manager interface.
- Key concepts and terms
- Know your way around
- Get to know the request flow
- Prepare your edge certificates
- Prepare your origin server
- Create a brand-new property
Access Property Manager
To launch Property Manager, in Akamai Control Center go to ☰ > CDN > Properties. You'll see configurations and property groups available for your account.
You can also start creating a new property right from the top navigation bar in Akamai Control Center. Just select Create > Property.
Use cases and examples
Tips and best practices
- Workflow overview
- Configuration best practices
- Learn about caching
- Learn about Cloudlets
- How activation works
- Property Manager API (PAPI)
- Akamai Terraform Provider: Property Provisioning Module
- Property Manager CLI
- IDE: Property Manager extension for Visual Studio Code
- IDE: Property Manager plugin for Eclipse
- Edge hostnames API (HAPI)
- CP codes API
Updated about 1 month ago