This behavior specifies characteristics of the delivered content, specifically targeted to delivering live video. Akamai uses this information to optimize your metadata configuration, which may result in better origin offload and end-user performance.
|Field||What it does||Sub-options|
|Catalog Size||Specifies the total size of the content library delivered.|
- Less than 1MB
- 10-100MB. Partial Object Caching is automatically enabled with this setting.
- Greater than 100 MB. Partial Object Caching is automatically enabled with this setting.
- Unknown. Set to this value if you're unsure of the specific object size, or you don't have a definitive fixed size for target content. Partial Object Caching is not enabled with this setting.
|Content Type||Optimizes based on the quality of media content.|
- Standard Definition. Typically 480i/p, 720p
- High Definition. Typically 1080i/1080p.
- Ultra High Definition (4K)
- Other. If your use case is not represented in the other choices, or it is represented by more than one choice.
- Unknown (Default). Leave this as the selection if you are unsure of the specific content type.
|Popularity Distribution||Optimizes based on the content’s expected popularity.|
- Long Tail. This applies if most of the traffic volume consists of a small number of requests for content that has relatively long life.
- Popular. This applies if most of the traffic volume consists of a large number of requests for content that has a relatively short life.
- Other. Select this if your use case isn't available for selection, or it is a combination of the available selections.
- Unknown (Default). Select this if you're not sure of the popularity level for the content to be delivered by this property.
|Enable HLS (HTTP Live Streaming for iOS)||Specifies if the HLS media format should be supported.|
|Enable HDS (HTTP Dynamic Streaming for Adobe Flash)||Specifies if the HDS media format should be supported.|
|Enable DASH (Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP)||Specifies if the DASH media format should be supported.|
|Enable Smooth (for Microsoft Smooth Streaming)||Specifies if the Smooth media format should be supported.|
|Fragment/Segment Duration||Specifies the desired fragment/segment duration for the selected media format.|
|Origin Object Size||Specifies a range for the size of media objects delivered through this property.|
- Less than 1MB
- Unknown. This is the default, and should be left as the selected setting if you are not sure of the size of objects to be delivered.