Adding property hostnames to a bucket automatically activates them on the network you select in the Property Hostnames Bucket panel. Hostname activations are independent from property activations, however any modifications to hostnames will apply to all versions of your property.
Make sure you complete the initial setup.
- Go to ☰ > CDN > Properties.
- On the Property Groups page, click a property with the bucket hostname you want to add hostnames to.
- On the Property Details page, in the Property Hostnames Bucket panel, click +Hostnames and select the network.
As best practice, first add hostnames to staging. Once you verify the hostnames work as expected, add them to production.
- In the Add Hostname(s) field, enter the hostnames you want to use. The names don't need to contain
https://, just the domain.
You can add multiple hostnames by pasting them into the field. Each value needs to be separated by a space or comma, or contained on separate lines. Duplicate names are skipped.
You can specify up to 1000 hostnames at a time.
- Click Next.
- To request a new certificate, make sure Automatically request certificates is On.
- Select the Deployment network. You can choose Standard TLS or Enhanced TLS. For more information, see Compare the security levels.
- Click Validate Certificate Domains to verify that you own the domain of the hostnames you are adding. The list displays the ACME CNAME records you need to add to the DNS.
- Click Copy all DNS Records. The records are copied in a comma-separated format.
- Copy the records to the DNS. If you’re a SaaS/PaaS provider, hand out the validation challenge to the customer whose site you're onboarding with the instructions to create a new CNAME record in their DNS configuration. Click Check CNAME records and verify whether the customer has correctly validated the certificate. Once the status is , click Close.
- Click Next.
- Select the appropriate IP version, based on what your application or site can support.
- Select an existing edge hostname. Use a single edge hostname for all property hostnames in the bucket. For Standard TLS certificates, use an edge hostname with the
edgesuite.netsuffix. For Enhanced TLS certificates, use an edge hostname with the
As best practice, use a single edge hostname, CP code and property for all the hostnames in the bucket that share the same security level, either Standard or Enhanced TLS.
- Click Submit. The activation for the specified hostnames starts automatically on the network you selected.
- Read the instructions in the Success message, and click Close. You can then view all details for a hostname in the Property hostnames bucket panel by expanding a particular row.
- To check the status of the property hostname activations, on the Property Details page, click the Activation History tab. In the Activation Types, select Hostnames.
Test the activated hostnames.
Instruct your customer to redirect traffic to Akamai by replacing the existing CNAME record with a new one, setting its value to the Akamai edge hostname.
You can pass the Akamai edge hostnames directly to your customers, or alternatively create intermediary CNAMEs on your own domain and pass those to your customers.
Now, requests to the domains you added will resolve to the Akamai edge network. Your property will be read and the content will be delivered based on how you've set up your property.
Default certificates will renew automatically as long as the _acme-challenge record in the DNS points to the provided target validation hostname.
Updated about 1 month ago