The EAA Connector running on Ubuntu version 18.04 LTS must be upgraded to version 22.04 LTS so that you can receive security patches for increased security and improved performance. Ubuntu version 18.04 is at the end of the standard five year maintenance window. Connectors with version 23.02 or above can be upgraded. This feature is in it's early an adopter phase and you must contact Akamai Support to enable it.
After the feature is enabled, if you have any Ubuntu 18.04 Connectors and your connector version is 23.02 or higher, when you login to the EAA Management Portal, you will see this information message:
Review the prerequisites and follow the upgrade process:
- Associate your applications to at least two or more connectors for high-availability. This ensures that your EAA service is not interrupted while you upgrade one connector at a time. Otherwise there will be a downtime.
- You must have at least 5 GB space on the disk to perform the connector upgrade.
- Connector upgrade takes about 30 - 45 minutes. It involves downloading a script and the OS files, running the script to upgrade the OS, and upgrading the connector. All of this happens automatically once you start the upgrade process for a connector. It must be done for every Ubuntu 18.04 connector, if you have multiple connectors serving the application traffic. Select an upgrade window of 30 - 45 minutes or more when you upgrade one connector at a time, and reboot at the end of the process.
- Choose a time when your traffic to the application is less and users are not actively using the application for minimal interruption.
- As a best practice, Akamai strongly recommends you take a snapshot or backup of your EAA connector before the upgrade process. If you have issues during the upgrade, use the snapshot to revert back to the last working state. You must wait for at least 3 hours to restart the upgrade process again. After that if you experience issues, contact Akamai support.
- Please ensure that you add the Allowlist of IP addresses from the connector.
DNS name: connector-apt-jammyrepo.akamai-access.com
IP Addresses: 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
- For any EAA Connectors of version 23.02 or higher, which have connector OS of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, you will see the icon Upgrade the Connector OS to 22.04 LTS. Click the icon.
You must contact Akamai Support to enable the feature and then you see the icon.
- In the Upgrade Connector dialog window:
- Read the prerequisites and the recommended procedure.
- Click, I have reviewed the prerequisites and the recommended procedure for the upgrade process.
- Click Upgrade.
You will see a message indicating that the OS upgrade process for the connector has been initiated. After it finishes, the upgrade icon should disappear and your upgraded connector will be able to service application traffic.
Repeat these steps for all other connectors running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, till you finish upgrading all of them.
Reboot the machine. You must see the new connectors serving the applications.
- Upgrade of EAA Connectors on Docker environment to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is not supported.
- Upgrade of EAA Connectors on Openstack/KVM to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is not supported.
- If you have configured custom DNS servers configured in your Microsoft Hyper-V environment, you cannot upgrade the EAA connectors to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Updated 19 days ago