Make sure you set the manual proxy settings for your organization's proxy server.
- Click on the Show application icon and select Network.
- Click Settings. In the Network Proxy settings, select Manual.
- Enter the IP address of the proxy server.
- Enter the port of the proxy server.
- Add any exceptions list (optional).
- Close Network to save changes.
If you're using EAA Client 2.7 or earlier versions, EAA does not consider the system proxy exception list configured on the end user's machine. For EAA Client 2.8 version, the system proxy exception list configured on the end user's machine is considered and onboards the traffic accordingly. You must make sure that domains and hosts configured in the system proxy exception list is not a part of the tcp-type or tunnel-type client-access application.
In Ubuntu desktop Client, forward proxy cannot be enabled using the
- To enable forward proxy add the following line in the IDP.ini file:
Forward Proxy = enable
When the user opens the EAA Client, the Proxy is enabled in EAA Client Settings > Options > Advanced. If the organization has configured a forward proxy on the employees' computer, the Proxy (URL host or IP address of proxy server URL) and the Authentication type is displayed. The Network is Public (using Proxy).
If you are on a trusted network and proxy server is being used check Network > On-premises (using Proxy).
EAA Client receives this information from the Proxy Settings configured by the network administrator.
Share the proxy credentials with the employees of the organization. The user is prompted for proxy credentials and enters the Username, Password, and Domain and clicks OK.
If any of the credentials are incorrect, the user is prompted again with the dialog box.
All traffic intercepted by EAA Client now goes through the organization's internal forward proxy to reach the Enterprise Application Access Cloud, then to reach the app server. All inbound traffic comes to the EAA Client through the forward proxy.
Note: When the EAA Client is not in use the administrator or user has to remove the PAC script manually.
You get an alert when EAA Client has successfully detected a proxy configured in the system (check the alerts inside EAA Client settings).
The user can disable the forward proxy in two ways:
● Disable Proxy in EAA Client > Options >Advanced.
● Click Cancel while entering the proxy credentials, and click Yes for Disable proxy.
The user may not be able to use EAA Client for accessing your TCP-type and tunnel-type client access application, if a forward proxy has been configured by the organization, since EAA Client does not intercept the traffic anymore.
- HTTPS server proxy is not supported in EAA Client 2.8.0 in this patch release.
- Auto-detection for Web Proxy Auto Discovery (WPAD) protocol and proxy auto-configuration (PAC) is not supported in this release.
- MITM Proxy is not supported.
- SSO based authentication is not supported.
Updated about 1 month ago