When you're onboarding new users with enrollment emails, you may want to customize their content and monitor sent messages to ensure that they were followed by a successful enrollment process.
The Enrollment emails page, lets you manage these aspects of the user onboarding process.
- Before sending the enrollment email, you can edit its text in the Customization tab.
- After the emails are sent, you can track them at different lifecycle stages in the Emails tab and identify emails that haven't reached their recipients.
This capability lets you edit the default email template to customize it for a particular group of recipients. For example, you may want to edit the enrollment link, email content, and instructions on how to contact the support team for a group of users who missed an initial enrollment.
If you want to send the enrollment email to newly provisioned users, make sure that each user has a valid email address in their Akamai MFA user profile. Users who don't have the email field populated, won't receive the enrollment email.
The Email Management page lets you track the enrollment emails sent to individual users within the last 30 days. The email list provides you with this information about each enrollment email:
- Username. Corresponds to the user who received the enrollment email.
- Name. Full name of the user who received the enrollment email.
- Email to which the enrollment email was sent.
- Status of the user who received this enrollment email. The user status can be active, blocked, has deactivated devices, and unenrolled. See User statuses to learn more.
- Email status. The status of this enrollment email.
- Status date. The date when the enrollment email status was updated.
In the Email status column, you can see these email statuses:
Awaiting delivery. This is a temporary status. Akamai MFA has initiated the process of sending the enrollment email to the user and is currently waiting for the receiving server reply to establish the email's delivery status.
Delivered. Akamai MFA confirms that the enrollment email was successfully delivered to the user’s inbox.
Opened. The user has opened the enrollment email.
Enrollment link clicked. The user has clicked the enrollment link to enroll in Akamai MFA.
Enrollment complete. The enrollment email recipient has successfully enrolled in Akamai MFA.
Email blocked by the receiving server. The receiving mail server has denied the reception of the enrollment email.
Email bounced due to a malformed email address. The enrollment email was bounced because of its malformed email address.
Email dropped due to a recipient issue. Akamai MFA dropped the enrollment email because of an issue at the recipient’s side, such as a problem with the recipient’s email address. This event can occur after a previous bounce. Akamai MFA then adds the recipient to a bounce list, which prevents future messages from being sent to this recipient.
Email reported as spam. The receiving mail server has marked the enrollment email as spam.
Updated 3 months ago