Set up SIA
These steps are required for your SIA implementation. This procedure describes how to set up DNS protection.
SIA includes workflows that guide you through the setup process. Click the wand icon at the top of the user interface to see the steps for DNS Security Setup. After you complete a step, it’s highlighted in green.
To set up more advanced feature with these workflows, see Set up other SIA components.
To begin using SIA:
Log in to SIA.
- Log in to Control Center (https://control.akamai.com).
- In the Account menu, select the account or contract you need.
- Go to ☰ > ENTERPRISE SECURITY > Enterprise Center.
- If your account has more than one SIA contract, select a contract from the Select Contract menu. This menu is available at the top of the application only when your account includes more than one SIA contract.
- Select Threat Protection from the navigation menu to access SIA features.
A location is a public IP address or a named collection of public IP addresses that belong to a region or geographic area in your network, such as a CIDR block for an office branch or your company headquarters.
You need to create a location with the public IP addresses that apply to regions in your network. For more information, see About locations and Create a location.
Set up your organization’s policies.
A policy is a group of settings that define how SIA handles known or suspected threats. It’s also where you can define access control, as well as other SIA features.
You need to assign the policy to the location you created. For more information, see About policies and Create a policy.
Make sure you deploy your locations and policies.
For more information, see Deploy configuration changes.
Forward DNS traffic to SIA.
You need to forward external DNS traffic from your enterprise DNS server or Active Directory (AD) server to SIA. For more information, see Configure DNS forwarding.
Configure the enterprise firewall to allow or block specific domains and ports.
For more information, see Configure your firewall.
Set up the SIA Dashboard.
SIA includes a dashboard that you can customize with widgets to track events, network activity, and other data. For more information, see Dashboard.
Updated 7 months ago