Allow ETP Client connections on Microsoft Edge
By default, Microsoft does not allow Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps such as Microsoft Edge to communicate with a network server that's listening on the localhost. When the proxy is enabled, communication with the localhost is necessary. Complete this procedure when using the client with SIA Proxy.
To allow ETP Client connections on Edge:
- Open a PowerShell window.
- Enter this command to see the package name of Microsoft Edge:
- Take note of the PackageFamilyName value.
- To allow loopback connections (connections through the localhost), enter this command:
CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="<PackageFamilyName>"
<PackageFamilyName>is the Package Family Name that you see in step 3.
- Use your enterprise patch management system such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or KACE to distribute this change to Edge browsers across your organization.
Updated 7 months ago