This tutorial takes you through the necessary steps to start using Image and Video Manager to manage and optimize your short-form videos.
You'll learn how to:
- Add the Image and Video Manager (Videos) rule and behavior to a property
- Create a video policy to automate video optimizations
Before you begin, make sure you meet the following prerequisites.
You will need:
- A login to Akamai Control Center
- Access to Property Manager
- A contract that includes Image and Video Manager
- An active web performance configuration
- A property corresponding to the website with the videos you wish to optimize
If you do not have a web performance configuration, you will need to create one.
- For non-secure delivery, see Serve content over HTTP
- For secure delivery, see Serve content over HTTPs
For more information about creating a property, see the Property Manager documentation.
This table provides a high-level overview of the tutorial.
Connect your videos
Add an Image and Video Manager (Videos) rule with an Image and Video Manager (Videos) behavior to a property to connect your videos to Image and Video Manager.
Create your policy
Create a video policy.
Configure your optimization settings
Specify your tolerances for the quality and width of the derivative videos created by Image and Video Manager.
Activate your policy
Save and activate your policy in the staging environment.
Updated 8 months ago