This tutorial takes you through the necessary steps to start using Image and Video Manager to manage and optimize your short-form videos.
You'll learn how to:
- Add the Image and Video Manager (Videos) rule and behavior to a property
- Create a video policy to automate video optimizations
Before you begin, make sure you meet the following prerequisites.
You will need:
- A login to Akamai Control Center
- Access to Property Manager
- A contract that includes Image and Video Manager
- An active web performance configuration
- A property corresponding to the website with the videos you wish to optimize
If you do not have a web performance configuration, you will need to create one.
- For non-secure delivery, see Serve content over HTTP
- For secure delivery, see Serve content over HTTPs
For more information about creating a property, see the Property Manager documentation.
This table provides a high-level overview of the tutorial.
|Connect your videos||Add an Image and Video Manager (Videos) rule with an Image and Video Manager (Videos) behavior to a property to connect your videos to Image and Video Manager.|
|Create your policy||Create a video policy.|
|Configure your optimization settings||Specify your tolerances for the quality and width of the derivative videos created by Image and Video Manager.|
|Activate your policy||Save and activate your policy in the staging environment.|
Updated 12 months ago