Recent updates include performance and stability improvements, changes to dashboard CP code filtering, and improved accuracy of the Total byte reduction metric card.
Recent updates include a complete redesign of the dashboard, a transition to using the HTTP Accept header for image format selection, and updates to the API.
Recent updates include Terraform integration and a new, easier to find link to the Perceptual Quality preview tool.
Recent updates include the new Policy Manager UI as the default landing page, network awareness for videos, and further improvements to the insights dashboard.
We've redesigned the documentation experience for Image and Video Manager to make it easier for you to find the guides, API docs, and resources you need. Everything is now in one place. Visit the Welcome page for a toolkit of Image and Video Manager resources.
- Artistic transformation of Fit and Fill: Resizes an image to fit within a box of a specified size, then uses a blurred version of that same image to fill the transparent space at the edges.
- Image transformation to support circle crop: Trims the image to fit the geometry of a circle, which is commonly used for profile or avatar images.
- Animated GIF to mp4 conversion (Experimental): You are now able to convert animated GIFs to MP4 videos for additional byte savings.
- Simplified Product Onboarding (SPO) added: You can now use our SPO assistant to enable Image and Video Manager on a new property, which will help you to get going with IVM quickly and easily. To learn more about SPO, see their June 3, 2020 release note.
- Dashboard: View the top video URLs based on number of seconds delivered.
- Shared Policy Sets: You can now reuse policies sets and share them across multiple properties belonging to the same contract. Any changes to the shared policy set are reflected globally across all associated properties.
- New Policy Manager UI BETA: To access the New UI, click the Switch to beta button on the Policy Manager page. We have launched a revamped beta version of the Policy Manager UI that introduces following improvements:
- A change in workflow to allow creation of policies via the new UI.
- Better accessibility of policy sets and policy actions.
- Clearer reflection of the concept of policies being contained within policy sets.
- Additional information about policies and policy sets on the landing page.
- Changes to default settings, including: default Perceptual Quality set to Medium High, default resolution set to 1080px for Apple devices, and modernized default breakpoints.
- A cleaner, simpler, more organized look.
- Troubleshooting: We have added guidance for troubleshooting issues you may encounter when working with Image and Video Manager. To learn more, see Troubleshooting.
- Image format: We have added experimental support for the HEIC/HEIF image format for derivative image creation.
- Dashboard: you can now filter by policy set, then filter by specific policy.
- New image format: AVIF image format for derivative image format creation is now supported as an experimental feature.
- Enhanced CP Code Selection & Date Filters
- Export CSV for Top Hits and Largest Pristine Components
- Export CSV for Unprocessable Content
- Dynamic TTL support.
- Continued improvements to network related to scalability and reliability
- Improved handling of large animated GIFs