May 31, 2023 - Image & Video Manager updates
Recent updates include granular user permissions and support for client hints.
February 22, 2023 - Image & Video Manager updates
Scale for mobile has been renamed 'Automatic breakpoint selection' to better represent the capabilities of this feature. This has no impact on feature functionality.
February 14, 2023 - Image and Video Manager updates
Image and Video Manager now supports the AVIF image format.
Dec 19, 2022 - Image & Video Manager updates
Recent updates include performance and stability improvements, changes to dashboard CP code filtering, and improved accuracy of the Total byte reduction metric card.
Oct 10, 2022 — Image & Video Manager updates
Recent updates include a complete redesign of the dashboard, a transition to using the HTTP Accept header for image format selection, and updates to the API.
Apr 30, 2022 — Image & Video Manager updates
Recent updates include Terraform integration and a new, easier to find link to the Perceptual Quality preview tool.
Mar 31, 2022 — Image & Video Manager updates
Recent updates include the new Policy Manager UI as the default landing page, network awareness for videos, and further improvements to the insights dashboard.
Jan 3, 2022 — New Image & Video Manager documentation experience
We've redesigned the documentation experience for Image and Video Manager to make it easier for you to find the guides, API docs, and resources you need. Everything is now in one place. Visit the Welcome page for a toolkit of Image and Video Manager resources.
Jul 30, 2021 — New image transformations
- Artistic transformation of Fit and Fill: Resizes an image to fit within a box of a specified size, then uses a blurred version of that same image to fill the transparent space at the edges.
- Image transformation to support circle crop: Trims the image to fit the geometry of a circle, which is commonly used for profile or avatar images.
Jun 30, 2021 — Image & Video Manager updates
- Animated GIF to mp4 conversion (Experimental): You are now able to convert animated GIFs to MP4 videos for additional byte savings.
- Simplified Product Onboarding (SPO) added: You can now use our SPO assistant to enable Image and Video Manager on a new property, which will help you to get going with IVM quickly and easily. To learn more about SPO, see their June 3, 2020 release note.
- Dashboard: View the top video URLs based on number of seconds delivered.