Terraform integration (Beta): Terraform now features Image and Video Manager API support (Beta). Terraform supports creating, importing, reading, updating, and deleting Image and Video Manager policies and policy sets. See the Terraform documentation for more information.
Link to Perceptual Quality Preview Tool added: Perceptual quality lightens the weight of your images by intelligently calculating and applying a precise degree of compression that maximizes byte reduction without a perceptible impact on the visual quality of your images. The Perceptual Quality Preview Tool allows you to generate previews of images in different formats with different perceptual quality values applied. A link to this tool has been added to the right of the Derivative Quality setting in the Image Policy Editor. See the online documentation for more information about using the Perceptual Quality Preview Tool.
The new Policy Manager UI is now the default landing page, network awareness for videos has been added, and further improvements have been made to the insights dashboard.
We've redesigned the documentation experience for Image and Video Manager to make it easier for you to find the guides, API docs, and resources you need. Everything is now in one place. Visit the Welcome page for a toolkit of Image and Video Manager resources.
- Artistic transformation of Fit and Fill: Resizes an image to fit within a box of a specified size, then uses a blurred version of that same image to fill the transparent space at the edges.
- Image transformation to support circle crop: Trims the image to fit the geometry of a circle, which is commonly used for profile or avatar images.
- Animated GIF to mp4 conversion (Experimental): You are now able to convert animated GIFs to MP4 videos for additional byte savings.
- Simplified Product Onboarding (SPO) added: You can now use our SPO assistant to enable Image and Video Manager on a new property, which will help you to get going with IVM quickly and easily. To learn more about SPO, see their June 3, 2020 release note.
- Dashboard: View the top video URLs based on number of seconds delivered.
- Shared Policy Sets: You can now reuse policies sets and share them across multiple properties belonging to the same contract. Any changes to the shared policy set are reflected globally across all associated properties.
- New Policy Manager UI BETA: To access the New UI, click the Switch to beta button on the Policy Manager page. We have launched a revamped beta version of the Policy Manager UI that introduces following improvements:
- A change in workflow to allow creation of policies via the new UI.
- Better accessibility of policy sets and policy actions.
- Clearer reflection of the concept of policies being contained within policy sets.
- Additional information about policies and policy sets on the landing page.
- Changes to default settings, including: default Perceptual Quality set to Medium High, default resolution set to 1080px for Apple devices, and modernized default breakpoints.
- A cleaner, simpler, more organized look.
- Troubleshooting: We have added guidance for troubleshooting issues you may encounter when working with Image and Video Manager. To learn more, see Troubleshooting.
- Image format: We have added experimental support for the HEIC/HEIF image format for derivative image creation.
- Dashboard: you can now filter by policy set, then filter by specific policy.
- New image format: AVIF image format for derivative image format creation is now supported as an experimental feature.
- Enhanced CP Code Selection & Date Filters
- Export CSV for Top Hits and Largest Pristine Components
- Export CSV for Unprocessable Content
- Dynamic TTL support.
- Continued improvements to network related to scalability and reliability
- Improved handling of large animated GIFs
- Dashboard: Most Requested Image Widths is now available.
- The copy-to-clipboard icon now appears when user hovers over URLs on the Un-processable Images and Videos reports and Video Analysis reports.
- The show un-processable images enhancement is now available.
- New transformation: Aspect Ratio Crop changes the height or width of an image, by cropping or expanding the area, to an aspect ratio of your choosing.
- Additional data about image formats and quality levels more visible on the screen.
- Updated the hover text for the Quality Level Distribution metric.
- Renamed the JXR content type to JPEG-XR and JPG to JPEG for accuracy and consistency.
- WebP support: with iOS 14, Safari 14 supports WebP. Image and Video Manager automatically sends WebP derivative images to Safari when appropriate.
- Event Viewer in Akamai Control Center now records Image and Video Manager - Policy Manager events and details.
- API updates: You can now use the API to view the log and error details that the Image and Video Manager API generates for images and videos over the last three days. The API also lists the range of HTTP status codes along with their likely causes.
For more information refer to the List log details section and the List error details section in the Image Manager API v2 documentation.