Add a company logo or watermark to an image
A company logo or watermark can help protect your digital property, prevent others from using your images without permission, and promote brand awareness. You can add a company logo or watermark to your images using the Composite (Watermark) transformation.
Example of the impact on images
Here's the image before and after applying a company logo:
With a company logo applied:
Before you begin, you should know the URL of the image you are adding the watermark to, for example:
Log in to Akamai Control Center, then go to ☰ > CDN > Image & Video Manager.
Select the correct Contract from the list.
Create a new policy:
- Click +Create, then click Policy on the menu that appears.
- Select the policy set to which you wish to add the new policy.
- Give your new policy a name, for example, "watermark".
- Click Create.
The Image Policy Editor opens.
Click + to open the list of Transformations.
Click Composite (Watermark).
To add your company logo or watermark:
- In the left menu, under Transformations, click Image.
- Make sure the Image Type is set to Image.
- Enter the URL for the overlay image.
- Click the refresh arrow above the preview pane to see your image overlay.
To adjust the placement of your text:
- In the left menu, under Transformations, click Composite (Watermark).
- Specify the gravity, which is the anchor point for the overlay image ((North, South, East, West, and so on).
- Change the horizontal and vertical offsets (in pixels) from the anchor point.
When you are satisfied with the placement of your logo, click Save and Test on Staging.
impolicyquery string parameter to the end of the URL for the image to which the overlay is being added, for example:
Updated 3 months ago