This tutorial takes you through the necessary steps to start using Image and Video Manager to manage and optimize your images.
You'll learn how to:
- Add the Image and Video Manager (Images) rule and behavior to a property
- Create an image policy to automate image optimizations and transformations
Before you begin, make sure you meet the following prerequisites.
You will need:
- A login to Akamai Control Center
- Access to Property Manager
- A contract that includes Image and Video Manager
- An active web performance configuration
- A property corresponding to the website with the images you wish to optimize
If you do not have a web performance configuration, you will need to create one.
- For non-secure delivery, see Serve content over HTTP
- For secure delivery, see Serve content over HTTPs
For more information about creating a property, see the Property Manager documentation.
This table provides a high-level overview of the tutorial.
Connect your images
Add an Image and Video Manager (Images) rule with an Image and Video Manager (Images) behavior to a property to connect your images to Image and Video Manager.
Create your policy
Create an image policy.
Configure your optimization settings
Specify your tolerances for the quality and width of the derivative images created by Image and Video Manager.
Add image transformations and conditions
Add 2 of the 30+ transformations and conditions to your policy. Try cropping an image and adjusting the contrast.
Activate your policy
Save and activate your policy in the staging environment.
Updated 3 months ago