This tutorial takes you through the necessary steps to start using Image and Video Manager to manage and optimize your images.
You'll learn how to:
- Add the Image and Video Manager (Images) rule and behavior to a property
- Create an image policy to automate image optimizations and transformations
Before you begin, make sure you meet the following prerequisites.
You will need:
- A login to Akamai Control Center
- Access to Property Manager
- A contract that includes Image and Video Manager
- An active web performance configuration
- A property corresponding to the website with the images you wish to optimize
If you do not have a web performance configuration, you will need to create one.
- For non-secure delivery, see Serve content over HTTP
- For secure delivery, see Serve content over HTTPs
For more information about creating a property, see the Property Manager documentation.
This table provides a high-level overview of the tutorial.
|Connect your images||Add an Image and Video Manager (Images) rule with an Image and Video Manager (Images) behavior to a property to connect your images to Image and Video Manager.|
|Create your policy||Create an image policy.|
|Configure your optimization settings||Specify your tolerances for the quality and width of the derivative images created by Image and Video Manager.|
|Add image transformations and conditions||Add 2 of the 30+ transformations and conditions to your policy. Try cropping an image and adjusting the contrast.|
|Activate your policy||Save and activate your policy in the staging environment.|
Updated 29 days ago