Cropping is an efficient way to eliminate distractions and remove extra background from images. Use the Crop transformation to choose the dimensions of your new image and the area you wish to preserve.
Here's an example of an image before and after it was cropped.
With cropping applied:
Before you begin, you should know the URL of the image you are adding the watermark to, for example:
New Policy Manager UI
These instructions reflect the new beta version of Policy Manager. If you are using the original version, some things may have changed. To try the new beta, click Switch to BETA.
Log in to Akamai Control Center, then go to ☰ > CDN > Image and Video Manager.
Select the correct Contract from the list.
Create a new policy:
- Click +Create, then click Policy on the menu that appears.
- Select the policy set to which you wish to add the new policy.
- Give your new policy a name, for example, "crop".
- Click Create.
The Image Policy Editor opens.
Click + to open the list of Transformations.
To adjust the size of your crop:
- Use fixed values (pixels)
- Set Width to 600 and Height to 300
To select the crop area:
- Select the Gravity, which is the anchor point for the crop (North, South, East, West, and so on)
- Change the horizontal and vertical offsets from the anchor point
For example, if the gravity is set to "Center", the horizontal offset set to 20, and the vertical offset set to 10, the center of the crop box will be 20 pixels to the right of the left edge and 10 pixels up from the bottom edge. If the crop box falls partially outside of the borders of the original image and you have set Allow Expansion to Yes the borders of the original image will be extended to the edges of the crop box.
As you make your changes, you can preview them by clicking on the refresh arrow above the preview pane.
When you are satisfied with your crop, click Save and Test on Staging.
impolicyquery string parameter to the end of an image URL as follows:
Updated 8 months ago