Use the Policy Analysis Tool
The Policy Analysis Tool evaluates the rules within a policy. It looks for high processing cost and unpredictable results.
This tool is currently available for the Edge Redirector Cloudlet only.
By default, the tool uses the property hostname associated with the Cloudlets policy. You can also analyze rules against a different hostname and an Akamai server IP address.
Once complete, you can:
- View the results on the screen.
- Show or hide specific rules.
- View only errors.
- Download the report in CSV format.
- Enter different settings and click Rerun Analysis to generate a new report.
Before using the Policy Analysis Tool, make sure these things are activated on the staging network:
- an Edge Redirector policy.
- a property that refers to the policy version to be tested. The property needs to have an Edge Redirector behavior.
If a policy meets these requirements, the Policy Analysis tab is enabled next to the Rule List tab.
Policy Analysis Tool is not yet available for Shared Policy.
Run the Policy Analysis Tool
Open an Edge Redirector policy version that meets the analysis requirements.
On the Version Details screen, click the Policy Analysis tab.
If you want to specify a different hostname and Akamai server IP address to test:
Click the checkbox.
Enter the desired hostname or IP address.
Click Analyze Policy Version.
Review the data in the report fields.
If you want to download the report, click Download Report.
If you want to generate a new report, enter new settings and click Rerun Analysis.
Policy Analysis Fields
The following are the fields on the Policy Analysis tab:
- Order. The order in which the rule was executed. The value is 0 if the rule exceeded the cost limit, or if no rule matched.
- Redirect URL. The URL used to test the given rule.
- Status. The HTTP status code returned.
- Executed. Whether the test request triggered the rule.
- Cost. The system cost of executing the rule.
Download the Policy Analysis report
Once the results display on the Policy Analysis tab, you can download the report in CSV format.
Click Download Report to generate the CSV file.
The policy analysis report is a CSV file with one line for every rule in the policy. Each line contains the following fields:
|ruleNumber||The number of the rule tested.|
|akaRuleId||The unique identifier of the rule being tested.|
|curlCommand||The curl-based command used for the test.|
|redirectUrl||The URL used to test the given rule.|
|httpStatusCode||The HTTP status code returned.|
|executedRuleNumber||The number of the rule that executed as part of the test. This value is different from |
The value is 0 if the cost limit was exceeded, or if no rule matched.
|executedAkaRuleId||The ID of the rule executed. This value should match that in the |
If the values do not match, then the
|ruleCost||The system cost of executing the rule.|
|costExceeded||If the cost limit was exceeded, this field is set to true.|
|errorMessage||The errors encountered during the test.|
If there are no errors, this field is empty.
Updated 4 months ago