Custom dashboard settings are viewable and editable from the combined dashboard and widget edit panel.
mPulse system dashboard settings are not viewable or editable. Either clone or make a copy of the dashboard first, then view or edit the settings.
In mPulse, click Central.
In the left pane, select Dashboards.
From the list, double-click the custom dashboard that you want to view.
On the menu bar, click the Toggle Dashboard Edit Mode icon to open the editing panel.
In the left pane, click Dashboard to view the dashboard's settings.
The edit panel shows only the Dashboard settings when widgets are not selected.
- Use these settings to manage and customize your dashboard. When you're finished, click Apply to save your changes.
General. These settings let you specify basic information about the dashboard
- Name. The dashboard name.
- Display on dashboard surface. Adds the name to the top of the dashboard.
- Save Location. The repository location of the dashboard.
- Set as my default dashboard. Makes the current dashboard the default.
Layout. This setting lets you select a column layout for your dashboard.
Properties. These settings let you control the widget color for dashboards.
- Dashboard Theme. Sets the platform-wide composition (none, light, dark, and blue)
- Background Color. Sets the background color for the dashboard.
- Background Image. Sets the background image for the dashboard.
- Import. Sets the background image for your dashboard. Dashboard background images should be 72 pixels wide by 27 pixels tall. The largest file size allowed is 5,120 bytes.
- Widget Padding. Sets the internal and external space around the widget border.
- Scale instead of scrolling. Displays the widgets proportionately in the dashboard.
- Link Chart Timelines. Links the chart timelines across the dashboard by default. Deselect the checkbox to unlink the chart timelines.
- Enable widget animations. Turns chart animations associated with real-time deltas on or off.
- Hide widgets when not playing. This setting does not apply to mPulse dashboards.
- Column widths. Sets a column width in pixels.
Filter. These settings let you specify and tailor the filters that appear in the dashboard filter toolbar.
- Apply all the following criteria. Displays all of the selected data attributes in the dashboard. Deselect the checkbox to hide the attributes in the dashboard.
- Display filter toolbar. Displays all of the filters in the dashboard's filter toolbar for the attributes listed. Deselect the checkbox to hide the filters.
- Add all filters. Displays all available filters. Deselect the checkbox for the filter that you do not want to see on the dashboard filter toolbar.
If you have custom metrics defined in mPulse such as revenue and conversion, use the attribute menu to select and display them in the dashboard. mPulse provides built-in system metrics, timers, and dimensions.
Attribute values appear at the widget level for each widget that accepts timers, metrics or dimensions.
For more information on mPulse custom and system metrics, see Use metrics to understand how performance impacts your business.
Updated over 1 year ago