Upload content to NetStorage
Use your Domain Name to log in
Identify your domain name prefix, and choose between secure or non-secure access methods.
A “Domain Name” for a storage group is the name of an origin domain in which you house and manage content, and it used in requests to access the group. Multiple domain names exist for a single storage group and each is used to access the group in a specific way. Domain names are automatically generated along with the creation of a storage group.
Provide the domain name prefix
When establishing a storage group, you provide us with a value to serve as a prefix for your domain names. This is in place to make your domain names uniquely yours. For example, if you provide the value
example, the following domain names would be established for use in accessing the group:
- For upload use (The "Upload Domain Name"): Get familiar with the upload domains for each access method.
- For access to the NetStorage HTTP API (Optional):
Domain Name prefix value requirements
These rules apply to the prefix value:
- Special characters are not supported. Only alphanumeric characters ("a-z", "0-9") and the hyphen ("-") can be used.
- Uppercase characters are not supported. All alphabetic characters used in a domain name must be in lowercase.
This value can't be edited after a storage group is created. Ensure that the prefix you choose is the one you wish to use with a storage group.
Differences between a storage group name and the domain name
When setting up a storage group, you define both of these values, you should understand the difference between the two:
- The Storage Group Name. This is simply a value you apply to the group to identify it in the UI.
- The Domain Name. This is actually a prefix value that you define (the "Domain Name prefix") that is prepended to unique domain name(s) you use to access the storage group.
You can use the same value for both your Storage Group Name and Domain Name (prefix), and this is a common practice. However, both must meet the value requirements discussed above.
Choose your access method
You can manage content on NetStorage with many utilities and protocols.
Updated about 1 year ago