Adaptive Media Delivery (AMD) is optimized for adaptive bit rate streaming to provide a high-quality, secure viewing experience across a broad variety of network types—fixed or mobile—at varying connection speeds. Built on the Akamai Intelligent Platform™, AMD provides superior scalability, reliability, availability, and reach.
AMD securely delivers prepared, pre-segmented HTTP-based live and on-demand streaming media.
- Familiarize yourself with key concepts and terms
- Review supported media formats
- Get your unique information
- Understand the request flow
- Prepare your environment
- Create a new AMD property
- Define Property Hostnames
- Define Property Configuration Settings
- Finalize your AMD property
You can include several optional features and use case-specific workflows in your Adaptive Media Delivery property. See the Optional features section for detailed walkthroughs.
AMD works in conjunction with several APIs. See the Adaptive Media Delivery APIs reference for details.
Updated 3 days ago