The User Diagnostic Data tool enables you to gather diagnostic data from users experiencing similar issues with specific URLs or IP acceleration hostnames.
The tool generates a link for you to share with the users. After they click the link, the tool gathers the necessary data for users to submit. All submitted IP details of client and edge servers are stored in the application.
Learn how to create a diagnostic link in the User Diagnostic Data tool.
- Go to ☰ > SUPPORT > Edge Diagnostics.
- In the side menu, select > User Diagnostic Data.
- In the URL field, enter a URL or IP acceleration hostname with issues.
- Optional: Enter a Note about the entered URL and issues experienced by its users.
- Click Generate.
The tool generates a diagnostic link.
Copy the generated link and send it to users who are experiencing issues with the URL. Once they click the link, the tool will gather all necessary diagnostic data and ask the users to submit them. When submitted, you can check the collected data in the application by clicking the URL's row in the Recent requests table.
The Recent requests table contains all URLs for which users of your account wanted to gather the data. Click in the table's corner to filter your requests.
In the Link status column you can check the status of the link:
- Active. Users can submit their data. To send the link to more users, click and paste it in the communication with them.
- Used. Fifty users submitted their data. You can’t gather more data for this URL.
- Expired. The link was generated more than 7 days ago.
At the top of the page you have the summary about the generated link.
This table contains data collected from users of the URL or IPA who submitted the data.
Click in the table's corner to select which data you want to see.
Possible options are:
- UID. Unique ID of the user.
- UTC timestamp. Date when the data was submitted. Can be used later on to get the logs for this time.
- Client IP (Preferred). IP address preferred by the client to connect to the server.
- Epoch timestamp.
- User agent. Information about the user browser.
- Cookie. Whether the user browser allows for storing cookies.
- Protocol. The HTTP protocol used to connect the client and the Tier 1 diagnostic site, www.t1info.net.
- Connected cipher. The cryptographic algorithm used between the client and the Tier 1 diagnostic site, www.t1info.net.
- Client DNS IPv4. IP address of the DNS server used to serve edge IPv4 addresses.
- Client DNS IPv6. IP address of the DNS server used to serve edge IPv6 addresses.
- Client IPv4. Client’s IPv4 address used to connect to the edge server.
- Client IPv6. Client’s IPv6 address used to connect to the edge server.
- Edge IPs. IP addresses of edge servers serving the traffic between the client and the user.
When you click a row with data of a user with specific UID, you'll see edge server IPs used by the user. Click View to check the additional data gathered for these IPs by the Request Content (CURL), Get Domain Details (DIG), or Test Network Connectivity (MTR) tools.
For all collected data, the User Diagnostic Data tool runs the Request Content (CURL), Get Domain Details (DIG), or Test Network Connectivity (MTR) tools. The results shown are for the requests with default data. If you want to edit the request data, click , edit the data, and click Submit.
Updated 6 months ago