The Translate Error String tool uses an error reference code to fetch the error summary and logs. You can also use as the reference code any Global Request Number (GRN) generated by the Property Manager's Global Request Number behavior.
You can get the error logs from either the last 6 or 24 hours depending on the server and traffic conditions.
Learn how to submit a request for the Translate Error String tool.
- Go to ☰ > SUPPORT > Edge Diagnostics.
- In the side menu, select > Translate Error String.
- Enter up to 10 Error reference codes. For example, for Reference #9.6f64d440.1318965461.2f2b078, enter #9.6f64d440.1318965461.2f2b078.
- Optionally, enable the Trace forward logs option. By default, the results include only logs from the edge server where the error occurred. With this option enabled, the results include logs from all edge servers involved in serving the request. Note that tracing forward logs may prolong the time of fetching data.
- Click Submit.
What you should see
If you entered more than one reference code, Edge Diagnostics divides your input; one request per one code. All requests appear in the Recent requests table. Click in the table's corner to see only your requests.
Click your request’s row to check the results. If you see in the Actions column, it means, that your request could not be processed and you need to retry.
At the top of the page you have the data from the created request. The Results are divided into two sections, Summary, and Logs preview.
The Summary section includes the following data:
- Reason for failure. The returned error code.
- WAF details. Details about the firewall applied to the request.
When you click the link, Edge Diagnostics opens the current WAF policy active on the production environment. Note that this policy may be different from the policy which was active when the error code was generated.
- View WSA details. Opens the Web Security Analytics application and statistics for the error code with applied filters: security config ID, account ID, time range set to 5 min before and after the error code was generated, and additional dimensions depending on the fetched results:
|Translate Error String field name||Web Security Analytics dimension|
|Client IP||End user IP Address|
|Connecting IP||Connecting IP Address|
|URL accessed by client||URL|
|HTTP status||Status Code|
|Policy ID from WAF details||POLICY|
|Rule ID from WAF details||WAF - RULE ID|
Edge Diagnostics opens web security statistics relevant for a specific error code. Depending on your use case, you may need to remove or add some dimensions to get more valuable data.
- Property. Property Manager property applied to serve the request.
- URL accessed by client. The website a user tried to access when the error occurred.
- HTTP response code. The response code the user got.
- Date. The date when the user tried to access the URL.
- Epoch time.
- Client IP. The IP address of the user.
- Connecting IP. The IP address of the connecting server.
- Edge server IP. The IP address of the edge server that answered the user’s request or served the error.
- Origin hostname.
- Origin IP. The IP address of the origin server that the edge server tried to connect.
- User agent. Details about the browser users used to access the URL.
- Client request method. The HTTP method that the client requested for the URL.
To learn more more about the logs, check Logs preview.
Updated 4 months ago