Build your dashboard
Build your own Web Security Analytics dashboard to display the data you need. Add filters and select dates to get more focused results. View the activity logged by your security products and review the alarm notifications.
Create a dashboard from selected widgets, that is individual content panels, each displaying a specific dimension.
Go to ☰ > WEB & DATA CENTER SECURITY > Security Center.
In the left menu, click Analysis > Web Security Analytics.
First time you come here you can see two widgets, one displaying Requests by Attack Type as a column chart and the other in a table, but it's just a start.
Think which dimensions you use most often.
To add a widget, click the icon, mouse over a dimension and click how you want to visualize your data:
- line chart
- column chart
The widget appears on your dashboard.
Adjust the dashboard layout.
- to move a widget, hover over its header until the cursor changes shape to and then click and drag the widget to where you want it
- to change the size of a widget, place the cursor on the widget's border, click and drag to resize
Adjust individual widget settings
To change the way the data is displayed, click in the corner of a widget and click
- line chart
- column chart
To remove a widget, click in the corner of a widget and click Remove from View.
To duplicate a widget, click in the corner of a widget and click Duplicate.
To adjust the display of a table widget, hover over a table column header to see the menu icon. Use this menu to:
- pin the column to the left or to the right
- autosize one or all the columns
- reset columns.
Interact with widgets
If you work with table widgets:
right-click a table cell or a range of cells to open a menu that lets you:
- Copy the contents (with or without column headers).
- Export the contents to a CSV or XML file.
search for a specific entry. Click and type what you search for. The table displays only the rows that contain the phrase.
If you work with line chart and bar chart widgets:
- Hover your mouse over the chart to display the average number of requests per second at a specific point in time.
- Click on the timeline and drag to zoom in on a selected time period. To zoom out use the icon.
To download the data displayed in any widget as .csv, click
To group data in any widget by a specific dimension
In the widget header, click
Action Applied to break down the analysis by an action your security products applied to requests, such as Monitor or Delay.
Action Type to break down the analysis by an action you set in a security policy to take against requests.
- Monitor, alert and allow actions are grouped under Monitor.
- All other actions, for example deny, are grouped under Mitigate.
Policy to break down the analysis by a security policy which evaluated the requests.
To clear the grouping select None.
Set report scope
In the Security Center menu bar, modify the general settings for the view.
Switch to view another security configuration. Click the name of the current security configuration, and select a different configuration from the menu.
Set a time period within the last 31 days. Click the date field and select the duration or dates you want to see.
The time zone is taken from your Control Center profile.
To track an ongoing event, you can switch to Live mode.
- Click the filter button and click Add Filter Condition.
- Select dimensions and specify conditions.
- Click the + icon to add more filters
- Click Add Filter Condition again to add more filters.
- Click Save.
To clear filters click Clear All.
Apply filter by rule/by request.
Updated 26 days ago