Object Delivery accelerates the delivery of smaller content by caching it on Akamai edge servers that are near your end users. It's built on a network of over 175,000 servers, in thousands of networks, all controlled by network intelligence systems that route requests, balance load, and ensure uptime.
Object Delivery is designed to deliver non-HTML, non-text cacheable objects that are under 100 MB in size. For delivery of HTML pages, whole websites, dynamic applications, or for the delivery of objects larger than 100 MB, you can use our Ion, Download Delivery, or Adaptive Media Delivery solutions. Talk to your account team for more information on these products.
- Familiarize yourself with key concepts and terms
- Get your unique information
- Understand the request flow
- Prepare your environment
- Create a new Object Delivery property
- Define Property Hostnames
- Define property configuration settings
- Finalize your Object Delivery property
You can include several optional features and use case-specific workflows in your Object Delivery property. See the Optional features section for detailed walkthroughs.
Object Delivery works in conjunction with other Akamai APIs. See APIs and Object Delivery for details.
Updated 7 months ago