The Identity and Access Management API lets account administrators:
- Manage and maintain users and their access to Akamai Control Center applications and resources
- Maintain user accounts and other general user information
- Manage groups and group access
- Create or update roles
- Move properties between groups
- Filter Control Center user login requests for the account, using IP Allowlist
- Edit their own information and perform other administrative tasks for other users in addition to all tasks regular users perform
In the previous version of the API, you could only manage your API client credentials. This version lets you manage your API clients and client credentials. The API Clients Administration API lets administrators perform a variety of tasks, such as create, update, delete, lock, and unlock API clients. Make sure the API Clients Administration API appears in the list of allowed APIs for the account, and it's included in the list of APIs when creating an API client.
API credentials can only be rotated by the client owner.
If you're a user or administrator, use this API to manage API access availability and run general operations performed on the Identity and Access Manager user interface from the Settings tab.
See the API summary for details on the API's various operations and their request parameters and response data.