The EdgeWorkers service now applies the following limits to your Akamai account:
You can now use the Akamai Terraform provider to provision and manage your EdgeWorkers functions. For more information, refer to these resources:
We are pleased to have several EdgeWorkers features and updates to announce.
You can now log EdgeWorkers data using the DataStream 2 reporting service.
The Visual Studio Code and IntelliJ integrated development environments (IDEs) each include a built-in extension for EdgeWorkers. These IDE extensions were designed to improve developer productivity and enhance the EdgeWorkers development process. For instructions about how to install these add-ons and for additional configuration and usage details refer to the getting started guides:
- You can now use the EdgeWorkers Management application, the API, and CLI to delete an EdgeWorker ID and version.
- Delete an EdgeWorker ID from your property configuration. All versions, code bundles, and the activation and deactivation history associated with the EdgeWorker ID are also deleted.
- Delete an EdgeWorker version from an EdgeWorker ID.
- View the properties using an existing EdgeWorker ID.
We are pleased to announce a new availability phase for EdgeWorkers. During the last availability phase we introduced the EdgeWorkers Management application, response orchestration, expanded product delivery support, and increased resource limits. We also added support for EdgeKV, a key-value store database.
- All event handlers now support HTTP sub-requests.
getHeaders()method is now available for the Request Object in the
responseProviderevent handler. A
getHeaders()method is also available for the httpResponse Object.
- We added an FAQ section to answer commonly asked questions about EdgeWorkers.
- You can now deactivate an EdgeWorker version. The deactivation history of an EdgeWorker version is also available.
- When activating an EdgeKV-enabled EdgeWorkers code bundle the EdgeKV files are now validated. We’ve added error messages that describe which files or tokens are missing, invalid, or expired.