Diagnosing network and content issues quickly and effectively is critical to your success. Therefore the aim was to make the existing Diagnostic Tools faster, easier to navigate, more user-friendly, and, with developer focus in mind, to improve its functionality.
Edge Diagnostics allows you to diagnose your server, DNS, and network problems from Akamai servers around the world.
Once you extend your web content onto the Akamai edge network and apply various Akamai features to accelerate and manipulate content, you will be able to troubleshoot any problems your users may encounter. With Edge Diagnostics, you can diagnose common problems with delivering user content.
Key Highlights of Edge Diagnostics
- Enhanced UX. The new experience enables you to:
- Run diagnostics for a Problem scenario. This allows you to diagnose and troubleshoot issues on their own without worrying about the tools to use.
- Visually analyze results and trends in the history of diagnosed issues.
- Submit bulk requests in Tools.
- Retest to see if a problem still exists.
- Check visualization of issues submitted per location.
- Navigate selecting the most frequently used Tools or Problem scenarios.
- Navigate to the last used Tool from the Your recent results section.
- Refer to suggestions for intelligent insights.
- New features. Among the new features you can find:
- Problem scenarios. Several tools stitched up for troubleshooting use cases.
- Visibility of more log lines.
- Capability to better define a time window to fetch log lines.
- Network type selection for faster retrieval of error data.
- Information about the configuration that generated an error code.
- Conclusive decoding of edge IPs and their locations in one tool.
- Packet type and port selection for faster retrieval of data.
- Enhanced data visibility.
- Contextual diagnostic information and user assistance. The improvements consist of:
- In-context help documentation.
- Possibility to provide feedback on each Tool.
- Different, visual stimuli for different users.
- New users are offered a guided tour around the application and returning users see the recently used Tools.
- Tips in each Tool for example, Did you know?.
- New training video and updated product documentation.
- Ability to persist customer interactions. With the Your recent results section in the application you can keep track of their recent actions and quickly navigate to the specific Tool with context.
- Better availability and faster turnaround time.
- Users receive the results in up to 10 seconds. If the request requires more time, the application notifies users about the request’s status and informs about asynchronous results.
- Timeouts are avoided. Instead the application shows an error as a viable response and manages timeout and concurrency actively.
- Better Developer Experience. In terms of the developer experience, Edge Diagnostics offers:
- Integration with Security products (WAF, Site Shield) and Property Manager.
- The integration of error string results with security config and property manager allows you to view the security policy or property in the context of diagnostic results. The integration with WSA allows user to land into WSA dashboard with the context of diagnostic results.
- Execute cURL and MTR from Site Shield servers.