Run a test for a requirement
Run a test for a requirement to check if the implemented changes meet your business requirements.
Before you begin
- You need to have test cases for the requirement created. To learn how, see Create test cases.
- You need to have at least one test suite with test cases created. To learn how, see Create a test suite.
To run a test for a requirement:
- Go to ☰ > CDN > Test Center.
- In the left menu, click Functional testing and then go to Requirements.
- From the main list, select the requirement with associated test suites for which you want to run a test.
- In its Details section, click Run test.
- In the Configure test run window, configure test run's settings.
- Check test run's summary.
- To change the selected requirement or deselect some of the test suites associated with the requirement or test cases included in the test suite, click the appropriate hyperlink, make necessary changes, and click Save.
- Select the environment on which you want to test the changes.
- Optional: Enter a note.
- Test Center sends emails to users who run the test when the test is complete. If you don't want to receive the email, deselect the Send me an email when the run is complete checkbox.
- Click Run.
After the test run starts, the Runs and results page opens and displays the test run's status. The test run may take several minutes. You will receive an email when the results will be available, if you left the option selected.
What to do next
View test results
Updated over 1 year ago