Run a regression test to check if the implemented changes work with the whole configuration.
This test consists of associating test suites with test cases to a config version and running the test for it. If you want to test a change and you already run the test for a requirement, then you need to associate this config version with test suites from both, the requirement you tested and config version on which you want it to work. Only then you can be sure that the changes implemented for the requirement work in the particular config version. Just make sure that all test cases included in test suites of the config version are still valid after the change.
Before you begin
- The configuration version you want to test must be added to Property Manager and must be active either on staging or production environment. To learn how, see the Property Manager documentation.
- You need to have at least one test suite with test cases created. To learn how, see Create test cases and Create a test suite.
- You need to have the config version for which you want to run the test with associated test suites added to Test Center. To learn how, see Add and configure config versions.
To run a regression test:
- Go to ☰ > CDN > Test Center.
- In the left menu, click Functional testing and then go to Config versions.
- From the main list, select the config versions with associated test suites for you want to run regression test for.
- To run the test for a single config version, select it from the main list and in its Details section, click Run test.
- To run the test for multiple config version, select them from the main list and from the Actions menu, select Run test for selected config versions.
- In the Configure test run window, configure test run's settings.
- Check test's summary.
- To change the selected config version or deselect some of the test suites associated with it or test cases included in the test suites, click the appropriate hyperlink, make necessary changes, and click Save.
- Select the environment on which you want to test the changes.
- Optional: Enter a note.
- Test Center sends emails to users who run the test when the test is complete. If you don't want to receive the email, deselect the Send me an email when the run is complete checkbox.
- Click Run.
After the test run starts, the Runs and results page opens and displays the test run's status. The test run may take several minutes. You will receive an email when the results will be available, if you left the option selected.
What to do next
View test results
Updated 7 months ago