IoT Edge Connect Message Store lets you upload multiple objects at the same time to a data set using the Bulk upload operation in the ECMS API, or after uploading them using the NetStorage application. During the upload, the archive is automatically uploaded to ECMS, unzipped and placed in the data set, with the filename from the archive as the key. Using the NetStorage application, you can upload up to 10 objects with total size of 1 GB, while there are no limits when uploading objects using the ECMS API.
If you use the Bulk upload operation, and you add headers to the POST request while uploading the archive, such as
Expires, all objects shall have the same headers set after unpacking. Bulk upload also allows you to add custom metadata, but every object shares the same settings after uploading and unpacking.
Before you upload objects using the NetStorage application, make sure that:
- Your account has access to the NetStorage product and you configured NetStorage to upload files. See NetStorage integration.
- You uploaded files to NetStorage using the NetStorage application or the NetStorage Usage API. See NetStorage User Guide and NetStorage Usage API.
- In Control Center, go to ☰ > IOT SOLUTIONS > Publish-subscribe service > IoT Edge Connect Message Store.
- Click the name of the database you want to upload objects to.
- Click the name of the data set you want to upload objects to.
- Go to the NetStorage tab.
The list of your NetStorage files appears.
- From the directory tree, choose the files that you want to upload to the data set by ticking the box next to the files’ names.
You can upload up to 10 objects with a size of 1 GB in total.
- Click Bulk upload.
- Click Yes to confirm the upload.
The bulk upload starts. When the objects are uploaded you can see them in the data set on the Dataset files tab.
You can check the upload status in the Bulk upload status table. Hover over the icon for your request in the Status column to see whether your request is processed, it's finished successfully or there is a failure.
When you click the status icon for your request, the status of each file is shown.
You can sort the information in the table by using the arrows next to the names of the columns.
Updated over 1 year ago