The Drupal exploiter exploits CVE-2019-6340 on a vulnerable Drupal server.
Some field types do not properly sanitize data from non-form sources in certain versions
of Drupal server.
This can lead to arbitrary PHP code execution in some cases.
- Drupal 8.5.x (before 8.5.11) and Drupal 8.6.x (before 8.6.10).
One of the following conditions must hold:
- The site has the Drupal 8 core RESTful Web Services (rest) module enabled and allows PATCH
or POST requests; OR
- The site has another web services module enabled, like JSON:API in Drupal 8, or Services or RESTful Web Services in Drupal 7.
Exploiter implementation and multiple URLs
- The Infection Monkey exploiter implementation is based on an open-source
Python implementation of the exploit by @leonjza.
- For the full attack to work, more than one vulnerable URL is required.
Updated 5 months ago