We’ve made more enhancements to the administrative API and command-line interface (CLI) for EdgeKV.
Updates to the EdgeKV APIs:
- You can now revoke a token. This prevents it from being used in an EdgeWorkers function to access EdgeKV.
- You can now update a namespace to modify the retention period.
- Specifying a data retention period is mandatory when creating or updating a namespace.
- For convenience, you can reuse the name of any new tokens that you create once they expire or are revoked. However, you still need to update the token value in your EdgeWorkers code bundle.
Updates to the EdgeKV CLI package:
(Note: You need to install the latest EdgeKV CLI package to access these enhancements.)
- You now need to specify which Akamai Control Center groupIds can access a namespace. Currently it can only be set to 0 which allows access to all groups in your account.
In a future release you'll be able to specify which Akamai Control Center groupIds can access the namespace.
- You can now modify the namespace retention period.
- Specifying a retention period, using the --retention command option, is mandatory when creating or modifying a namespace.
- You can now revoke a token. This prevents it from being used in an EdgeWorkers code bundle to enable access to EdgeKV.