Use the in-application migration wizard to smoothly migrate your stream from DataStream 1 to DataStream 2, and activate it immediately or save it to activate at your convenience.
While migrating the stream, you can review and edit the stream details, including the stream name, the properties you want to monitor, the data set fields and the destinations to stream log files.
- Make sure your account has access to the DataStream 1 and DataStream 2 products, as well as Property Manager.
Log in to Control Center using a User ID and Password that have been configured for access to DataStream.
Go to COMMON SERVICES > DataStream.
On the DataStream page, find the DataStream 1 stream that you want to edit, click · · · from the Action column, and choose Migrate to open the migration wizard.
Review your DataStream 1 stream details in the left column. Check Highlight fields available in DataStream 2 to see which data set fields you can migrate to the new stream.
Data set fields support
Some DataStream 1 data set fields may be unavailable for the new stream, or DataStream 2 maps them to their equivalents. See Data set fields to compare them and check the full list.
- In the Configuration tab in the right column, review and optionally edit the details of the new DataStream 2 stream:
- In Stream name, you can enter a new, human-readable name for the stream.
- In Properties, select up to 100 properties belonging to the same product (such as AMD or DD) you want to monitor in the new stream. You can map one property to up to 3 streams. If your property already belongs to three streams, you can create another stream for the remaining properties you want to log data for. See Create a stream for steps.
- In Activation e-mail, you can optionally provide an e-mail address to receive a notification when the stream activates.
- In the Data sets tab, review and optionally edit the log file details:
- In Log format, choose the Structured (space-delimited) or JSON format for your log file.
- Choose the Data fields that you want to log in the new stream. Data set fields marked with an asterisk require additional configuration, such as adding behaviors for your property in Property Manager. See Data set parameters for details.
- Optionally, click View sample JSON to get a log file snippet based on the format and data set fields you chose for your stream.
In the Delivery tab, choose a destination where you want to send logs, and enter the destination details. You can stream logs to several destinations, see Stream logs to a destination for details and settings for each destination.
You can change the Push frequency of bundling and delivering logs to your destination.
Check the Activate the stream box to activate the stream upon migrating (it takes about 90 minutes before the stream is active on the production network) or leave unchecked to save the stream, and activate later.
Click Save stream.
When you save a migrated stream, your DataStream 1 stream remains active, but we recommend deactivating and deleting it once the new stream is successfully sending log files to the destination of your choice. Make sure that you configured and enabled the DataStream behavior for the properties that the new stream monitors. See Enable the DataStream behavior.
Updated about 1 month ago